Can't convert to dimension: type=0x1
Nathan
2013-08-13 20:05:06 UTC
I am getting this exception, maybe from just one guy who has a ZTE500 with
Android 2.3.4.

The layout at line #24 is pretty simple.

<ExpandableListView android:id="@android:id/list"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
android:layout_weight="1">
</ExpandableListView>

As a suggestion from the compiler, I changed the
layout:height="match_parent" to "0dip". However I don't know what dimension
it is complaining about.
My dimens.xml file is using dip, sp, and dp.
I couldn't find any thing in my styles and themes that looked like a
dimension that would apply to ListViews or Expandable list views.

Below is the full exception:

android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #24: Error inflating
class android.widget.ExpandableListView
at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1647)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1663)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:117)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:931)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3683)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:864)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:622)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #24: Error
inflating class android.widget.ExpandableListView
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:518)
at
com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneLayoutInflater.onCreateView(PhoneLayoutInflater.java:56)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:568)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:623)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:408)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:320)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:276)
at
com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.setContentView(PhoneWindow.java:207)
at android.app.Activity.setContentView(Activity.java:1657)
at
com.crittermap.backcountrynavigator.MapSourceChooserActivity.onCreate(MapSourceChooserActivity.java:79)
at
android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1611)
... 11 more
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.constructNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:415)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:505)
... 22 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Can't convert to
dimension: type=0x1
at android.content.res.TypedArray.getDimensionPixelSize(TypedArray.java:463)
at android.widget.ExpandableListView.<init>(ExpandableListView.java:222)
at android.widget.ExpandableListView.<init>(ExpandableListView.java:203)
... 25 more
2013-08-13 20:06:30 UTC
Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren!

Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht, leider bin ich erst am 19.8. wieder im Büro.
Da Ihre Nachricht nicht automatisch weitergeleitet wird, kontaktieren Sie bitte in dringenden Fällen Herrn Daniel Schmoll (***@bdc.at) - Tel: 0664 / 9114703

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Markus Punz
BDC EDV-Consulting GmbH
Wienerstrasse 45
A-3100 St. Pölten
Tel +43 1 2197846 42
***@bdc.at
www.bdc.at
&nbsp;<br />
&nbsp;<br />
Tim Mensch
2013-08-13 22:22:30 UTC
Post by Nathan
I am getting this exception, maybe from just one guy who has a ZTE500
with Android 2.3.4.
I haven't seen that one; did you mean to post to android-develop?

Tim
Nathan
2013-08-14 03:58:33 UTC
Post by Tim Mensch
Post by Nathan
I am getting this exception, maybe from just one guy who has a ZTE500
with Android 2.3.4.
I haven't seen that one; did you mean to post to android-develop?
Yes, I managed to get it moved.